Friday 25 January 2013

Happy Robbie Burns Day!

Today is Robbie Burns Day! If you are of Scottish heritage you will probably know what that means....if not, its a day of celebrating a famous Scottish Poets Birthday. January 25th marks the annual celebration of Scotland’s national bard Robert Burns who lived from Jan. 25, 1759 to July 21, 1796. Burns is likely most famous for penning Auld Lang Syne. Traditional Burns suppers centre on haggis (sheep’s heart, lung and liver stuffed in a sheep’s stomach), neeps (turnips), tatties (potatoes) and plenty of whisky and music. Tonight my Husband (the bagpiper) and I, with our close friends, will be celebrating!

In honour of this I created a Robbie Burns inspired card.





I broke out my Prismacolor pencils, Copics, Spellbinders, CTMH Inks, SU Ribbon and a wonderful stamp called: Scottish Accessories made by Class Act Stamps right here in Oshawa ON.

Happy Haggis Day!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment